Smart SEO strategies and strategically placed ads can bring your target audience to your website and revenue can be generated, right? But it is just half the battle. Converting the visitors of your website into leads and potential clients is the actual challenge.
- In 2019, E-Commerce Sales Accounted for 14.1 Percent of All Retail Sales Worldwide. (Statista)
- Mobile loading times are way behind the 2-second target. (Marketing Charts, Google)
- Mobile accounts for 72% of digital ad spend by 2019. (eMarketer)
- Mobile conversion rates are on the up but still in third place. (Monetate, Smart Insights)
- The average ROI on CRO tools is 223%. (Venture Beat)
- 4.8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video, compared to 2.9% for those who don’t. (Adelie Studios)
Here are the top 10 strategies that can help you increase conversions across all of the digital channels you adopt.
1. Personalization Is The New Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
A powerful hack shared by a digital influencer and New York Times best-selling author Neil Patel to revive unconverted leads is to send a personalized text message addressing the recipient with the first name and you will most certainly get a response.
2. Delegate Outcomes, Not Tasks.
What this means is to hire competent people, preferably smarter than you. The top productivity tip of agency mentor and advisor Jason Swenk is to appoint people intelligent than you, then don’t get in their way and allow them to find the best path to the goal.
3. Create Brief And Crisp Content.
Understand the way people are consuming information and convert long-form pieces into brief and crisp content. Stories are becoming a leading content format as per the best-selling author Mari Smith.
Rather than working towards creating the content that will eventually disappear, find ways to repurpose that content now that it’s less permanent.
Right now, advertising in stories is also comparatively cheap, because as compared to the number of advertisers targeting the format, inventory is high. Content localization strategy is also important.
4. Use Creative Calls To Action During Live Videos To Spark Engagement.
In today’s Facebook algorithm, comments with numerous words drive virality. In order to stop creators from gaming the system, Facebook penalizes reach on posts that overtly demand likes, shares or comments. Request comments but do it smartly by using unique words that fit your brand.
5. Deliver The Best User Experience By Preparing For Extreme Success.
A chatbot showcased by Messenger Marketing Experts co-founders Philippe LeCoutre and David Sambor sold more than three million dollars in just one hour for Tony Robbins, Dean Graziosi, and Russell Brunson.
A prominent launch like this would have overburdened the sales system APIs, but LeCoutre and Sambor incorporated fallback sequences to identify and handle bottlenecks.
When the system became overburdened, the bot notified the user that too many people were buying at that point and also requested the user to retry in 10 minutes. This could have been a poor user experience but it turned out to be a positive social proof and FOMO.
6. Numbers Don’t Matter If People Don’t Care.
Don’t build large audiences for vanity’s sake. Trim your list and keep those that are regularly engaged. Nowadays, the majority of the social platforms regulate (decrease or increase) reach depending on user engagement.
Smaller messenger audiences lead to lower subscription costs and if there are sponsored ad fees, social posts with high engagement then that results in more organic reach. If your email open rates are higher, it helps your messages reach the primary inbox.
7. It Is Always A Good Idea To Invest In Automation.
Invest in automation. It conserves resources and allows human interaction when it’s most beneficial. You can automate virality by keeping share buttons at the end of any flow users find valuable.
8. Use A Recorded Video Conference To Collect Client Testimonials.
Provide testimonials because social proof is a powerful factor. The potential customers feel less risk if you provide testimonials on your website. You need to display them on your landing pages and scatter them throughout your service pages, too. Try to include perfect audience reviews.
9. Humanize Your Landing Pages.
Keep short videos on your landing pages to give a human touch to your brand. It shows that there is a real person running the company.
10. It Is Not About Cost Per Conversion, It Is Cost Per Conversation.
LinkedIn advertising costs almost eight times more than ads on Facebook. But there is a real and the only tangible method to know if LinkedIn ads are a good fit for you and that is by comparing the cost per conversation of creating targeted B2B leads
Testing and experimenting to figure out what your audience likes is the only effective way to boost your conversion rates. It is possible that the method that worked for one brand or website might be totally ineffective for others.
It is impossible to find a one size fits all method that will boost every website’s conversion rates. Test, again and again, to understand what works for you and keep making adjustments with time.