Table of Contents
The biggest shopping day of the year is arriving. Stay informed whether you’re trying to decide what to buy or when to browse on.
Indeed, Black Friday originated in the United States.
According to History.com, the phrase “Black Friday” was used in 1869 to allude to a financial meltdown in the US gold market.
Another idea concerning Black Friday’s beginnings holds that the word was coined in the 1960s by police officers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to characterize the chaotic Friday after Thanksgiving.
In the run-up to a big Saturday football game, apparently, thousands would swarm the town to start Christmas shopping.
When is Black Friday this year?
The popular shopping spree commences on the day after Thanksgiving in the US, which is always the fourth Thursday of November. This year, Black Friday takes place on Friday, November 25.
It’s easy to remember when Cyber Monday takes place, as it is always the Monday after Black Friday.
What should you shop for on Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday, which arrives three days after Black Friday, is solely an internet shopping event. Cyber Monday is November 28th.
Historically, the biggest discounts on Cyber Monday have been for computer items.
Overall, Black Friday and Cyber Monday should feature overlapping discount possibilities.
Tips for conquering Black Friday shopping like a pro
- Make a list
Think — who do you need to shop for this holiday season and how much are you willing to spend?
- Plan your non-negotiable purchases ahead of the sale.
- Use price tracking tools and coupon extensions
- It’s based on merchants offering such large discounts that bargain-hunting buyers may try to smash down the doors before the store even opens – though in recent years, Black Friday has evolved into an internet shopping sensation.
How has Black Friday changed over the last decade?
As you might have guessed from the name, Cyber Monday is entirely online. The term was coined by Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman of the US National Retail Federation and Shop.org back in 2005, when the Internet was still in its infancy.
- It was designed to assist smaller merchants in competing with the big names who were harping on about Black Friday, but those big brands quickly joined on the Cyber Monday bandwagon as well.
- As a result, it can be difficult to distinguish between the two dates; after all, with deals running throughout November, Black Friday and Cyber Monday might feel like one homogenized giant sales event.
- That is not entirely incorrect; nevertheless, there are a few major variations between Black Friday and Cyber Monday that are worth noting when you compare the discounts that are currently available to what is to come.
Black Friday GameStop, Black Friday pokemon cards, and Black Friday google pixel deals sales are among the top deals in Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
What's the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Aside from the dates, the classic distinction between Black Friday and Cyber Monday is that Black Friday sales are available both online and in physical stores, but Cyber Monday is only available online.
- With most people making their purchases online, merchants will make nearly all of their top offers available online. This, paired with the month-long sale calendar, makes the distinction between Black Friday and Cyber Monday more perplexing than ever.
- Much of this is due to branding, since both sales events will feature a plethora of amazing tech offers, whether you’re searching for a new laptop or a set of swish noise-cancelling headphones.
- The difference is that certain technology will sell out before Cyber Monday, leaving you out of luck; or, some technology will sell at a reasonable discount during Black Friday, only for shops to reduce the price even further for Cyber Monday, hoping to clear out the last of their stock.
- Cyber Monday is also known for offering deals on smaller items that may have gone unnoticed during Black Friday. If you’re more interested in fashion than technology, for example, several online businesses are likely to give site-wide discounts on Cyber Monday, so it’s worth the wait.
- Cyber Monday is also an excellent time to find savings on small appliances and white goods, so if you’re in the market for a new microwave, keep an eye out for when your favorite home retailer opens its Cyber Monday sale.
If you see a great Black Friday deal that checks all of your boxes, we recommend taking advantage of it – things often sell out in minutes, and you can typically return the item if you find a better deal on Cyber Monday.
For decades, Black Friday and Cyber Monday have been the ideal shopping days. The rise of eCommerce and online buying has heightened the importance of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
PROS is a web development and digital marketing company. We have over 15 years of experience in creating intriguing web designs.
Get in touch with us today.
Faisal Rafeeq is an SEO, PPC & content marketing specialist with experience in creating optimized content and marketing strategies. Faisal has been associated with Legal process outsourcing company and has done marketing for ERPCorp, Wheelrack , TNNursery, PROSGlobalinc.