E-commerce marketing is the comprehensive process of promoting your business online by creating an online presence of your ecommerce site. It’s not just about all about getting visitors to your site but, once there, to entice them into becoming a customer.
Ecommerce marketing is a continually evolving field wherein the marketing tactics constantly evolve with customer tastes and requirements. The process is further complicated by the fact that there are competitors vying for same customers and offering similar services or products. Ecommerce marketing has evolved from product promotion to creating personalized relationships between marketers and consumers.
Ecommerce Marketing Strategies Tips get Results for your Ecommerce Business:
- SEO – On-page Optimization – The first and foremost step in starting an online marketing campaign is to put right and relevant Title, Descriptions and other on page tags. Invest time in keyword research so you understand what terms people are using to search for your products.
- Content Marketing – Original Content – Google loves fresh content, so the more you add good quality more you will come up in search engine results which translates directly into organic traffic. Even if you are writing for a product, product reviews and testimonials regarding the product are a good resource just keep an eye on the quality of the submission.
- Guest post on Industry blogs – provide good quality content for bloggers active in your field. If you can convince them that you have something of value to contribute to their reader, you can include a few tasteful links in your post, back linking to your site.
- Discount Codes and Promotions – Offer discount offers and discounts to bring more visitors to your site. This will increase sales as well as get you in touch with paying customers.
- Build an Email Marketing List – It’s much easier to convince an existing customer to buy something than to try to sell to a brand-new prospect. With a list of buyer addresses, you can increase sales by creating customised campaigns to get repeat customers.
- Donate Product for Reviews – You can donate products to bloggers or marketers to get reviews for it, this approach may seem like cost increasing it pays of in terms of SEO by getting good backlinks to that product page. Ensure that the product in question is a good one and you get positive reviews for it.
- Social Media Outreach– If you are not leveraging social media channels to put the word out for your products and services, you are missing out on a great source of traffic. Social media and news outlets are a very good way of creating a buzz about a product or any marketing campaign you are starting for your site. Target your demographic via social media outreach can create evangelists fans for your brand.
- Paid Search – Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is another way of getting traffic to your site, but it can be costly. To leverage the value of PPC, you must ensure that traffic is arriving on a website that is relevant and that you’re able to capture contact information to continue to market to them.
- Affiliate Marketing – 3rd party websites that suit your demographic can advertise your ecommerce site for a commission which is a low risk marketing method to get new customers for your ecommerce business. Hiring an experienced marketing manager is a must to properly run the affiliate marketing program