Social media platforms are playing a major role in the success of business and marketing online. Social media networks like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram etc are helping people to build an effective web presence.
LinkedIn is a professional network which is used by professionals all around the world, and a primary place to create an effective web presence individually in your niche as well as for your business.
Here are some of important tips that you should be doing to get good business from LinkedIn:
1. Make sure to build your profile completely. Get your resume uploaded and fill in all the details. Also ask for recommendations from your superiors for your profile. If you are opening a LinkedIn account for your company, make sure it clearly identifies your business.
2. Enhance your settings so you can access your LinkedIn from any social media platform. Make sure that you have given both your company as well as personal emails addresses, to toggle for various correspondence.
3. Start your own professional group and gather members who are similar to your niche. This can be done by consistently updating your group with content (so it’s a valuable group to join), as well as inviting others when relevant. Frequently asking and answering questions helps people know more about you personally and helps in developing group discussions.
4. Just because you maintain your own group doesn’t mean you shouldn’t join other groups! Join in other groups to get constant updates about your business niche and learn from other experts in web. Try to answer questions posted by others.
5. Install some good applications such as Slideshare for presentations, WordPress blogging, Amazon for books, and more. These applications help you update your profile regularly.
Start using LinkedIn for your business and get good number of leads through major social media platforms.
Deepak Wadhwani has over 20 years experience in software/wireless technologies. He has worked with Fortune 500 companies including Intuit, ESRI, Qualcomm, Sprint, Verizon, Vodafone, Nortel, Microsoft and Oracle in over 60 countries. Deepak has worked on Internet marketing projects in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange Country, Denver, Nashville, Kansas City, New York, San Francisco and Huntsville. Deepak has been a founder of technology Startups for one of the first Cityguides, yellow pages online and web based enterprise solutions. He is an internet marketing and technology expert & co-founder for a San Diego Internet marketing company.